**Appointments are required for passports and marriage licenses. Applicants must call 701-662-7018 to make arrangements.**
If you have never been issued a Passport and are a natural born U.S. citizen, you will need:
- • Certified copy of your birth certificate AND a photocopy (front and back if necessary)
• Form DS-11 Passport Application
• Passport Fee and Execution Fee (please contact our office for current fees and forms of payment)
• Photo ID (preferably a driver’s license) AND a photocopy (front and back)
• One Passport Photo
* Photocopy services are available for a fee of $1 per page.
Effective September 28, 2020, Passport Services will resume processing times for routine and expedited services. The processing times are as follows:
- Routine Service: 10 to 12 weeks, door-to-door, from date of application.
- Expedited Service: 4 to 6 weeks, door-to-door, from date of application. Expedited service costs an additional $60 and should be included with the passport fees at the time of application.
If a customer applies for their passport with routine service and needs it more quickly than 10 to 12 weeks, they can contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) for assistance.
At this time, expedited service is only offered to customers who apply at a passport acceptance facility or renew their passport through the mail.
For children under age 16, read this Passport Requirements document (PDF). Passport Applications can be obtained from this office located at the Ramsey County Courthouse on the corner of 6th Street and 4th Avenue on the 1st floor or at this state travel site. Certified copies of birth certificates must be obtained from the Vital Records office of the state in which you were born. View ND vital statistics. If you have any questions regarding Passports, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.