The County Recorder's office now accepts electronic documents (eRecordings) for recording through approved vendors. Please contact our office to find out how you can have your documents eRecorded.
Ramsey County Recorder
524 4th Ave NE #30
Devils Lake, ND 58301
Phone (701) 662-7018
Fax (701) 662-7093
Katie Nadeau, Recorder email@example.com
Annette Anderson, Deputy Recorder firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: 8AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5PM Monday - Friday.
The Recorder is an elected official in Ramsey County being elected every four years.
The position is responsible for:
- Keeping a full and true record in proper books and storage media provided for that purpose, of legal documents according to specifications of North Dakota Statutes as set forth in the North Dakota Century Code
- Maintaining and preserving an archival copy of those records for public use
- Filing personal property liens in a statewide central indexing system (until 2/23/16)
- Filing Wills for safekeeping
- Issuing & maintaining of Marriage Licenses
- Filing & maintaining of Burial Permits
- Filing & maintaining of Military Discharge Papers
- Administration and policy functions of the Recorder's Office.
The County Recorder’s office now accepts electronic documents (eRecordings) for recording through approved vendors. Please contact our office to find out how you can have your documents eRecorded!
The Recorder is also a designated Passport Acceptance Agent.