If you have never been issued a Passport and are a natural born U.S. citizen, you will need:
- • Certified copy of your birth certificate AND a photocopy (front and back if necessary)
• Form DS-11 Passport Application
• Passport Fee and Execution Fee (please contact our office for current fees and forms of payment)
• Photo ID (preferably a driver’s license) AND a photocopy (front and back)
• One Passport Photo
* Photocopy services are available for a fee of $1 per page.
You will generally receive your passport in 6 weeks or less. If you require expedited service there is an additional fee of $60 per application. With expedited service you will generally receive your passport in 3 weeks or less. Passports will be sent by priority mail. Express mail can be requested and postage fees paid by the customer.
For children under age 14, read this Passport Requirements document (PDF). Passport Applications can be obtained from this office located at the Ramsey County Courthouse on the corner of 6th Street and 4th Avenue on the 1st floor or at this state travel site. Certified copies of birth certificates must be obtained from the Vital Records office of the state in which you were born. View ND vital statistics. If you have any questions regarding Passports, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.